Random Acts of Kindness
The Butterfly Effect We can all make a difference. One small act can have a ripple effect on many. What is one kind gesture you could offer someone today? Sharing love does not have to cost money, it can be a simple intentional Smile, holding the door, letting someone in on the freeway. It makes you feel so good to do something kind for another. Watching the ripple effect is even more wonderful. I love when I hold a door for someone looking down, they suddenly look up and then decide to grab the door for the person behind them. You can do this, we are all so busy and distracted but it only takes a moment to offer an act of kindness. I love the drive thru difference. Sometime 10 cars in a row are all buying for they person behind them. Today in your busyness take a moment to slow down and share the love. Wishing you all the joy of the season!
1. Tweet or Facebook message a genuine compliment to three people right now.
2. Bring doughnuts (or a healthy treat, like cut-up fruit) to work.
3. While you’re out, compliment a parent on how well-behaved their child is.
4. Don’t write the angry internet comment you’re thinking of writing.
5. When everyone around you is gossiping about someone, be the one to butt in with something nice.
6. Cook a meal or do a load of laundry for a friend who just had a baby or is going through a difficult time.
7. If you walk by a car with an expired parking meter, put a quarter in it.
8. Put your phone away.
9. Hang out with the person who just moved to town.
10. Offer a homeless person your leftovers bag from the restaurant.
11. Each time you get a new piece of clothing, donate an old one.
12. Don’t interrupt when someone else is speaking. (Surprisingly few people master this.)
13. Email or write an old teacher who made a difference in your life.
14. Compliment someone to their boss.
15. Leave a nice server the biggest tip you can afford.
Leave a Reply